ABOUT LOCAL CARE HOME - SUE RYDER - STAGENHOE
Sue Ryder – Stagenhoe is a residential care centre for people living with complex neurological conditions. We care for people with conditions such as Huntington’s disease, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, acquired brain injury and motor neurone disease.
The complex conditions our residents face may affect all aspects of daily living, such as eating, drinking, personal care needs, movement and mobility, behaviour and cognitive abilities. Many of our residents have specialist needs, we have a high number of people living with us with advanced Huntington’s disease.
Our service is a registered neurological care centre with 45 beds for adults aged 18 and over.
We can help you to:
• receive the care and support you need, whether this is for a few days, weeks or longer
• complete daily tasks such as eating, drinking and personal care
• our seven days-a-week recreational service supports individuals to maintain and access hobbies and interests
• interact with others; this could be attending forums, meeting with friends or people with similar conditions and learning new skills
• manage your movement and mobility with our in-house physiotherapists